William J. Peterson
William J. Peterson is a shareholder at Todd, Barron, Thomason, Hudman, Bebout & Rodriguez, P.C., who provides legal counsel and representation in transactional business matters, estate planning, probate, and real estate. He endeavors to offer counsel and document preparation designed from the outset to keep his clients out of court and to avoid the expense and stress involved in litigation while ensuring that his client’s personal and business interests are secure.
Mr. Peterson’s services include all stages of business formation (with all appropriate documentation to ensure that the groundwork is laid for future success); contract preparation and review; evaluation and counsel relating to new and ongoing business opportunities; purchasing and selling businesses; estate planning and the drafting of wills and trusts; probating wills and evaluating options when a loved one dies without a will; and the purchase and sale of real estate.
Mr. Peterson grew up in Waxahachie, Texas. He served in the United States Army Reserves and is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Before joining the Todd Law Firm, Mr. Peterson gained experience in civil litigation and estate planning at Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas and assisted with the research and drafting of legal opinions at the Texas Second District Court of Appeals.
Outside of his legal practice, Mr. Peterson actively maintains an interest in legal history and legal philosophy, and enjoys spending time with his wife, two children, and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
- State Bar of Texas
Areas of Practice:
- Business Law & Formation
- Contract Review and Drafting
- Estate and Gift-Tax Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Probate and Administration
- Real Estate
- Oil & Gas
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2017
- University of Cambridge, Candidate for Ph.D. in History, All But Dissertation
- University of Cambridge, M.Phil. in Medieval History, 2009
- Texas Tech University, B.A. in History, Magna Cum Laude, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Ector County Bar Association
- Midland Business and Estate Planning Council
- The Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law (REPTL) Section of the State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Odessa (Class of 2019)
- Phi Beta Kappa